Our home is our castle, whether it be a small apartment or a large ranch or anything in between, it is the place we return to after a busy and stressful day. It is the place we go to relax and unwind from all of the stresses of life and to recharge in order to be able to do it all again tomorrow.
Does your home do this for you? Does it provide a sanctuary? Does it instil a sense of calm? Does it feel welcoming and relaxing?
My 10 Top Tips
- Create a visual calm by having pictures on the wall that make you happy.
- Display only the best pictures and have more bare wall than display. (Creates a feeling of space.)
- Keep surfaces clear as much as possible.
- Open blinds and curtains and let the sunlight in.
- Create a place to put keys, phone, wallet so you always know where they are.
- Avoid loud, harsh music in favour of gentle sounds or none at all.
- Make your bed every day.
- Do the dishes every day.
- Empty the kitchen bin regularly.
- Don’t put it down, put it away!
If you find that your sense of calm is being disrupted because, like many of us, you have too much stuff in your home causing you anxiety and stress, check out my FREE SOS:Decluttering System and begin to create your little piece of paradise in your own home.
S.O.S Decluttering Technique Workbook
Want to get a quick start on your decluttering project?
Download your quick start workbook today!